May Ulta Haul

Monday, May 23, 2016
I have talked to so many friends and family that always tell me how lost and clueless they feel in Ulta. I'm personally more familiar with the store than my own bedroom but don't judge me. I have always been open to experimenting with makeup and I'm a sucker for a pretty package. Because confusion seems to be a widespread side effect of what I think is the most amazing place on the planet, today I am going to share with you a "Haul" post from my most recent trip to hopefully give you a few ideas on some new items and some brands to look for!

1. Urban Decay Naked Skin Concealer
This is where is ALL started. I went in to Ulta just for this one little product. Of course, we all know that you can never just buy 1 thing when you visit a store with that many options. I have been hearing so much about this stuff that I just wanted to try it for myself. I bought a few shades lighter than my skin (Light Warm). It is full coverage and it very easily buildable. It's not too thick at all. I think I am going to love it but it's obviously too soon to tell! You can get it for yourself at Ulta, of course, or order it online here for $28.

2. Hoola Bronzer By Benefit
I walk past the Benefit shelves every single time that I go into Ulta but after watching some YouTube videos that highly recommended this product I finally decided to give it a chance. There is literally only one color (Hoola) and it comes in the cutest little box. I haven't worn it out anywhere but the color payoff is amazing! I can already tell that this stuff will last me a long while. This is definitely the perfect shade for any skin tones. A lot of times bronzers have too much red or orange tones and give my skin a muddy look but this one is great. I am pretty sure it will end up in my May Favorites. You can get this product here for $29.

3. Too Faced Candlelight Glow Highlighting Powder Duo
I have been looking for the perfect highlighter and this just may be it!! This product comes in two color sets, Warm Glow & Rosy Glow. I obviously chose Rosy Glow because I prefer a lighter toned highlighter and I'm partial to soft pinks. I haven't seen anyone talk about this one but I saw it and It was just too pretty to pass up! The color pay off is AMAZING and it doesn't contain any actual glitter. You can get there here for $30.

4.Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge
It doesn't always have to be expensive to be amazing! This is basically just a cheaper version of the Beauty Blender. If you follow me then you probably already know that my sweet little one year old finds pleasure in feeding my Beauty Blenders to our dog. Insert annoyed face here. I has a Mardi Gras ball to go to one day and didn't realize what had happened until just a few hours before so I ran to Walmart in a panic and bought the closest thing that I could find (this). It turned out to actually be better than the real thing. I prefer the shape of this way more than an actual Beauty Blender. The flat side is amazing for blending out concealer. I already had this but I like to replace mine every few months so that I know it's clean and safe. (I've seen some really gross YouTube videos on old blenders.) You can get yours here for $6.

5. IT Brushes For Ulta & Ulta Beauty Wedges
These were just some really quick I want to try a new brand of brushes and I need some wedges for baking my concealer purchases. I have not tried either of these new brushes but I will tell you which ones they are. The first one I bought is Live Beauty Fully All Over Powder Brush (#211). This is a very soft medium sized brush for applying powder. You can get your own here for $40. The second brush is the Live Beauty Fully Flawless Blush Brush (#227). You can get this brush here for $28. You can purchase the Wedges here for $1.99.

As always, thanks for reading! If you have any questions, comments or concerns feel free to contact me. If you want to read a full review on any or all of these products, let me know and I'll do a separate post!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top