My Favorite Moisturizers

Friday, February 5, 2016

Published: November 20, 2015
Before I say anything else I have to give a HUGE thank you to a very sweet friend of mine that has spent so much time teaching me, helping me and talking me through this whole graphic design thing. After several hours and many long talks with her my blog has now been redesigned and glamorized. If you have not already, come out of this post and look around for yourself. I think you will be truly impressed! I am so in love with this new look. Terri, I seriously can not thank you enough! If you need any help with your graphic designs email her here or search or find her on Faebook here.


As promised earlier this week, it is time to talk about skin moisturizers! I'm pretty picky and really weird about which products I will and will not use when it comes to this stuff so, just know that the things I am going to talk about today are highly recommended! Before we start talking about the actual items let me first give you some very important tips.


I have not always used a moisturizer. Actually, before I got pregnant with Brantley I never used one. I didn't think I needed it and I never had any problems. Once I was pregnant my skin changed and started to be very dry and sensitive. With that, I think everyone needs a moisturizer. We may not all need the same kind but we definitely all need one. The products and makeups we use every day and even just the air and city waters are so harsh on your skin that you should be using something every morning and every night to protect and
nourish your face.


When using a moisturizer is it important to understand that there is no reason that you should ever stop. When your skin gets oily and seems out of control, don't you dare skip a day! The worst thing that you can do when you're having skin issues is to change your routine and confuse your body. There is a moisturizer listed below that you can use for those days or you can find one on your own that you like better. It really doesn't matter as long as you are consistent. 




1.
To say that I love Olay would be an understatement. I literally could not live without Olay Complete All Day Moisture Cream. This has been my favorite moisturizer for almost a year now and I still can not get enough of this. I usually use this morning and night every single day of the week either 30 minutes before I put my foundation on or right after I take my makeup off. As I have said before I tend to have very dry and sensitive skin, especially during this time of the year, but with this stuff I never see a dry spot on my face. I really like for my moisturizer to be thick without feeling to heavy and this is the perfect combination. It does have an SPF of 15. You can buy this at Walmart, CVS or pretty much anywhere else for about $5-$8.

2.
Not only is the bottle pretty but L'Oreal Youth Code Texture Perfector is an amazing product. I used to use this product literally every single night until I discovered Olay. The only reason I changed from this to the Olay is because for the amount that I was using Olay was much cheaper and this is not the perfect product for all over your face. I do not like to put this product on my chin, nose or forehead. My skin tends to get more oily in those areas and my cheeks tend to develop dry spots. Now that I have found my true love in Olay I use this product either when my cheeks are feeling really dry and tight or when I've been in a lot of cold weather and wind the day before. I do not typically use this before putting on makeup although you definitely could. It's not oily or watery. It has a great consistency. This is a wonderful product for colder weather or just bad skin days. You can buy this at Walmart, CVS or anywhere that sells L'Oreal for about $18-$24.

3.
I really truly love H20+ Face Oasis Hydrating Treatment! This product is oil free and almost acts like a leave on face mask. I use this product one or two times a week just to freshen up my skin and keep everything smooth and texture free. It is a very thin and gentle product. When using this product make sure to first wet your face and then massage in a thin layer of moisturizer. When I use this I will apply it right after I have washed my face, let it dry and then follow up with Olay Complete about 5 minutes later. I bought this product when I was really having problems keeping my skin from drying out last winter after a friend recommended it to me. It has really made a huge difference. It is a tiny bit pricey but you get a pretty big bottle and it will last you a while. I am still using the same stuff I bought almost a year ago! You can purchase this product from their direct website here for about $36.

4.
It is very rare that I have a day where I'm feeling almost oily but when I do Mario Badescu's Buttermilk Moisturizer is perfect! This product is not as thick as the ones I would normally use but when my skin is feeling less dry and more oily it is exactly what I need. This moisturizer is very gentle on even my extremely sensitive skin. You can buy this product at your nearest Ulta or from their direct website here for about $18. If you do choose to buy from the direct website or just want to go on and look around you can always search products by your skin type or click here to fill out a consultation questionnaire to get customized suggestions and free samples!

5.
Mary Kay TimeWise Age-Fighting Moisturizer Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 30 is really a product I use more during warm months but I do love it. Because I have very sensitive skin I look for moisturizers with a higher SPF because normal sunscreens really tend to irritate my face. I use this product any time that I am going to be doing any sort of outdoor activity or even just sitting in the stands at a baseball game. It tends to feel a little oily and thin for my liking so I do not use this every day or at night time. I also would not recommend wearing this with any sort of foundation but if you're just going all natural for some outdoor fun this is what you're going to need! You can buy this from the Mary Kay website here from Jennifer Allen and Tory Strange or if you already have a rep I am sure that they would be glad you assist you. This product costs about $24.

I would like to say a special thank you to those of you that messaged me about how my last post helped you! Also, thank you to the friends that have now given me some new products to try! You guys are seriously awesome!! If you have any questions, requests or recommendations always feel fee to let me know! Check back next time for face masks and beauty oils that will change your life... or at least your skin. As always, thanks for reading!


   

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top