Let's Party (Plan)!

Friday, February 5, 2016

Published: December 10, 2015
Maybe I am just a high strung perfectionist but planning Brantley's first birthday party was one of the most stressful and exhausting things that I have ever done in my entire life. I am pretty sure that my wedding didn't even require that much work! Oh, the things we do for our kids... Even though it took weeks of planning and hours of decorating and baking, I can honestly say that it was absolutely perfect! Let me tell you, if I did it then you definitely can! Here are some tips, products and even a couple of discounts to help you survive your next party!


1.  
You can't have a party without invitations! Well, I mean, technically you could but you wouldn't have anyone to party with you so... not recommended. This is surprisingly the easiest part of the entire thing for me! I ordered a custom invite from a shop on Etsy, gave them my party info & about $10 and they designed the whole thing for me. After they emailed me a proof and we got it exactly like I wanted it I saved the jpeg to my computer, went to the CVS website in the photo section, uploaded the image and ordered 50 prints. All together it cost me about $16 and 5 minutes of my time! Unfortunately the shop I used is now closed for some reason and the above is not the invitation we used but you can get your own custom one here from Denleys on Etsy.


2.        
Of course, every birthday boy/girl needs their own outfit. These are so great not only for birthday parties but also for birthday photos! I would definitely order it at least a month before the date that you need it, if not more, just in case something goes wrong with shipping! The LAST thing you want in the craziness is a wardrobe disaster. Also, when picking a birthday outfit you may notice that there are so many cute and fuzzy ones with bows/bowties and fuzzy stuff or whatever. Make sure you choose a low maintenance that your child can be comfortable in. Trust me, you do not want to be chasing your child around all day adjusting things.  You can order one just like Brantley's or even create your own custom design here from CrestlineCreatives on Etsy.! Use code LACI10 at checkout for 10% off of your order!




3.  
I know, I know, this is not something that you HAVE to have but if you are anything like me then you still want it. A custom birthday hat?! I mean, how can you pass that up!? This was such a cute little addition to Brantley's outfit and it was so simple to order! Because it was custom I also ordered this more than a month in advance just to make sure that everything turned out perfectly. I always like to leave time to fix problems and I could not throw this party without this hat, or so I thought. This picture is not Brantley's exact hat, we did customize it a little in order to match the outfit a little better, but it is the idea we based our order off of. You can get this hat or have a custom one made here from The Tiny Closet. Again, use code LACI10 for 10% off!



4. 
Finding this was a total accident but once I saw it I could not live without it! "Mom" and "Dad" shirts to match the party theme was just the icing on the cake for me. Even though the party has passed I still wear this shirt! It is just so cute and we are even using them to match Brantley in a section of our family photos next weekend! I wish I could recommend the shop that I ordered this from but after several errors and awful customer service I would never want any of you guys to buy from there. I literally received a childs size shirt at one point. It was a mess but you can actually go to Etsy, type in "Custom (you party theme) Mom (or Dad) shirt" and see pages and pages of different ones!




5. 
Finding these custom Elmo lollipops was actually another total accident but I am so glad that I stumped across them! They were the perfect party favor and decoration! All of them together only cost about $15 and it took about 4 days for them to arrive at my house. You can find these in all themes and colors on eBay or buy these exact ones here.


I seriously could go on and on and on about all of the little details but I will stop here. I will say every single decorating and snack idea that I had came from Pinterest. You can see more photos of Brantley's party here or you can even follow me on Pinterest here where you can view all of the ideas that I saved on his birthday board! As always, thanks for reading and feel free to message me here with any comments or questions! See you next time!


   

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top