Made For Moms: Rodan & Fields Sunless Tanner

Friday, February 5, 2016

Published: January 10, 2016
Let me just start this by saying, I am a lot of things but a sunless tanning expert is not one of them. For at least the past year I have been sporting skin in the tone Paper White. It's not a joke. When you see this before picture, well, I warned you.


When I was younger I was a tanning bed goddess but I just can't afford those types of risks anymore. I have a family that needs me alive and healthy. Brown skin is not worth risking cancer over, especially when I'm basically already risking it with every other thing that I do during a normal day. I also have a one year old and a full time job which means I don't have 30 minutes every afternoon to go lay in a bed of lights. I don't have time to go get sprayed once every couple of weeks either. With all of these things I was sure I was just going to be pale forever or, well, at least for the next five years but thanks to my friend Erin West I have found a solution.


Maybe I am the only one in the world that is just now finding out about Rodan & Fields but whatever. If I am then you are all jerks for not filling me in sooner. I know you've seen my pasty skin. Erin told me about a sunless tanning product that they offer and I saw a couple of before and after pictures and I just HAD to try it for myself!


I ordered the Essentials Foaming Sunless Tan on Friday afternoon and to my absolute surprise I received it in the mail from FedEx the very next morning. Because I had never used anything like it I was very nervous about the application and how complicated this could turn out to be. I did a lot of "How To" Googling and direction reading just to find out that you just rub it on and call it a day.


As soon as my son decided it was nap time I grabbed my skin exfoliator, jumped in the showed, shaved my legs and got ready to try this stuff out. It's really as simple as following the directions on the bottle. Dry your skin off, apply the product, let it dry for about 5 minutes, put on your sweatpants and go about your day getting ready as usual. I'd give it at least an hour if not two or more before changing into any tighter fitting clothes but that's about the only rule.


Because my skin was so pale, as you're about to see in the before photo, it took me two applications (in the same day) before I was able to get my desired color. If you already have a bit of a tan or you aren't really looking for a darker tan then just one application will be all that you need. Now, before I show you the photo, let me explain how I did the two application thing. I applied it once and then waited more than 6 hours to do it again. You have to see these results to believe it. Trust me it is amazing.


The photo on the left is obviously the before and the right is my after photo. I am so impressed that any product could give me this color in less than 24 hours. The color does not show up instantly. It takes about an hour or two before you really see the results. As I was waiting I was texting Erin about how nervous I was. I was sure that I was going to be orange and/or streaky but it could not have turned out more perfectly.


I did not use anything special to apply it. I used my hands and then washed them immediately after I was done. They are not orange and there is zero evidence of tanner on them. It is such a simple process. Seriously, if I can do it then you definitely can!


You can get your own results by clicking here and placing an order today! If you're in Texas your order will arrive in no time and you will be a bronzed goddess before the week is over! You can thank me later ;)


If you have any questions feel free to ask. If I  don't know the answer because, again I am no sunless tanning expert, I do know a few experts that will! Thanks for reading & happy tanning!


   

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top