Happy New Year!

Friday, February 5, 2016


Published: December 31, 2015
It has been an extremely long time since I was last truly excited about New Years but this year I really, genuinely am. Typically I always feel like it is just another day but this time I literally can not wait to celebrate and bring in a whole new year with my friends and family! As pretty much all of you know, this has been the hardest and most challenging year of my entire life. I started 2015 with a brand new baby and I am ending it without my mother. I've learned a lot, I've lost a lot and I am more than ready for all of the wonderful things 2016 is going to bring.


This year, more than ever, I have learned to be thankful for the hard times because they are best at showing you just how blessed you truly are. What's that old saying? "You can't appreciate sunshine without experiencing a little rain." It is so true. It was on my worst days that my best ones were highlighted.


It has been a huge year for my little Brantley. We started off with swaddling blankets and 4 ounce bottles. He would wake up literally every three hours and loved staying up late. While that last part is still pretty true we have come a very long way. He can walk, (more importantly to him) run, eat big boy food and say more words than I can count. I am having such a blast watching him grow and learn and I can not wait to see how much he changes in 2016.


It isn't even the first day of January yet but I already have so many trips and plans for the year! I've had a small baby this year and a lot of tragedy so I haven't been able to do much but now that I can I am so excited! I can not wait to travel and make memoires with every single one of you! Erin West, our trip to TLC is at the top of my list right now!


*By the way everyone , swing by TheLaceCactus.com and start your new year in style! Use my code LACI10 for 10% of & get free shipping on orders of $25 or more.  (Did you like how I just threw that add in there?! Lol. But really, go shop there. It is an amazing boutique ran by an even more amazing family.)


My mom will not be joining us for 2016. At first I was very sad about this and I am still a little but I am happy for my mom that she is in a better place. For those of you that loved/love her (so, basically all of you) let's just remember that for Linda Messer there will never again be any pain or suffering. 2015 was the end of any sadness or worry that she could ever have and for that I am so grateful.  My mom was an amazing woman, a perfect one, and it is our loss that she is now gone but she has left us with so many good memories and more lessons than we could learn by ourselves in three lifetimes.


While it has been a hard year for the Barnett girls we have never been closer. We have always been best friends but it's so much different now. Since the loss of our mom we are probably the tightest team of girls around. The love and loyalty that they have for me and each other amazes me more and more every day. I am so thankful that Brantley and I have them on our side!


This has definitely been a year of growth and change. I have learned more, I have experienced more and I have found more strength than ever before. 2016 is going to be a more than amazing time so either get on board or get out of the way. I promise you, you're not going to want to miss this!


However you celebrate tonight if alcohol is involved please be safe and stay off of the roads. If you don't matter enough to yourself to find a designated driver or stay put then please think about those of us driving with innocent little ones and the people that have loved ones on the road tonight.  Don't be selfish. Call a friend. Call a parent. Call a sibling. Call a taxi. Stay where you're at. I don't care what you do, just stay off the road. It's not worth the fines and jail time you will receive or the lives that you are putting at risk.


So... is it midnight yet?! Happy New Year Everyone!


   

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top