Clean Slate: My Favorite Facial Cleansers

Friday, February 5, 2016
Published: November 16, 2015
Before I say anything else let me first say THANK YOU. Seriously, thank you to all of you wonderful people that have sent me so many sweet messages & comments. I have not posted in a while because things have been so crazy in my life but, as I have told many of you already, I am not done! I am currently in the middle of planning a first birthday party and recovering from mine and Brantley's second sick weekend in less than a month. With the help of some very sweet friends I have done a little redesigning on the blog to make it more user friendly and I am ready to start this thing back up!!


I am by no means a fashion or beauty blogger. I usually leave that kind of stuff for Erin West but I have promised, on more than one occasion, to post my favorite skin care products and there is no better time than the present. To me, skincare is so much more important than makeup. Not only will your makeup always look so much better with beautiful skin but I personally prefer to be able to just wash my face and go instead waking up extra early to apply a face full of makeup and hide under thick, oily foundations and concealers.


What you need to know before going out and buying any of this is that we are all different and so is our skin. I typically have more dry to combination skin but never just too oily so I love moisturizers and beauty oils, especially with the colder months right ahead of us. To add onto that, my skin is very sensitive. I also believe that consistency is key. Whatever you are doing, whatever routine you choose for your face it is so important to understand that nothing will ever get you results over night and switching from product to product will prevent you from seeing a change in your skin. I hope that this can help some of you. I truly stand behind every single one of these products.


1.
I have never loved a product more than I love Olay Daily Facial Cloths. I have been using these cloths since my mom introduced me to them in the 8th grade and they're seriously one of my favorite beauty products of all time. I use these literally every night regardless of if I have worn makeup that day or not. It will remove your makeup or any oils on your face very quickly and they are so gentle on the skin. You can get these at your local Walmart, CVS or really just about anywhere and they are usually between $4-$6. They're pretty inexpensive and they last a while.

2.
I LOVE Philosophy's Purity Made Simple One Step Facial Cleanser but I do not use this product every single night. It is an excellent cleanser and it not harsh on my skin at all. A lot of cleansers like this will leave my face feeling really dry and striped but this has never done that to me. I use this on days where I've worn more makeup and really just want to make sure my face gets clean. I also use this product when I am feeling really oily or it's just been one of those days with gross humid weather. When I do use this product I always use the Olay Daily Facial Cloths first and follow with this. I always buy mine from Ulta and it is about $24.


3.
I have a serious love/hate relationship with Mary Kay TimeWise 3-In-1 Cleanser. I feel like this product is very harsh on the skin and will almost leave you feeling like you have rubbed sandpaper against your face but it has seriously saved my skin many times. I have this in my cabinet as an "emergency use only" item. It is an incredible exfoliator but it is just so rough. I use this only when I am feeling really dry and my skin is starting to flake. It will get rid of any dry areas or peeling skin and have you back to feeling soft and smooth in literally one use. I don't personally have a Mary Kay rep. I bought this one time several months ago and I use it so little that I still have more than half a bottle left. When I do use this product I always use the Olay Daily Facial Cloths first and follow with this. If you do have a rep I am sure they will be more than happy to help you order this if you don't you can click here and it will take you to the Mary Kay direct website. It is about $20 and I would say that it is more than worth that. It is so incredibly effective and if you use it like I do it is likely to last you a year.

4.
I could really live with or without Mario Badescu's Cucumber Cleansing Lotion. This is a pretty gentle product but I do not use it too often. As I said earlier, I am typically dry if anything at all and this product I really only use on those days that I am feeling a little more than oily. As a cleanser it is not my favorite. I feel like it's a little watered down almost and even though it is all natural it has sort of an acidic feel which is more than perfect for the days that I do feel oily, it's just that those days are far and few. When I do use this product I always use the Olay Daily Facial Cloths first and follow with this. You can purchase this at Ulta or by clicking here to go to the direct Mario Badescu website. It is usually about $15 but it is a large bottle so it definitely worth it. On the direct website there is a skin profile where they could easily match you with a better cleaner for your skin type if you are interested.

5.
I use Clean & Clear Morning Burst Skin Brightening Facial Cleanser literally every single morning. You will have to try it for yourself to really see what I mean but it truly does wake up and brighten my skin. It always leaves me feeling really fresh and alive no matter how little sleep I have gotten. It is oil free and gentle. The commercials for this stuff are so cheesy but I seriously could not live without it. You can buy this at Walmart or really any drug store and it runs anywhere between $5-$7.


I will be doing this is a little bit of a series. Because there are so many different products that I want to share with you and talk about it will be much easier for myself and my readers if I split it up into a couple of different posts. If you have any questions, special request or even a recommendation please feel free to let me know!  Check back next time for my favorite moisturizers!


   

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top